Old 29-05-2004, 03:07 AM
Anonny Moose

Default climbing rose on cedar hedges?

In general: ramblers have pliant canes which can spread freely in all
directions, grow very long and are very vigorous. (Which makes them good at
growing into hedges and trees.) Many bloom profusely with clusters of small
blossoms but only once a season.
Climbers have stiffer, more vertical canes, have a longer bloom period and
larger blossoms and the canes don't acquire the height of ramblers.
Hope that helps.
Karen

"Alex Ng" wrote in message
Hi,

Can you please explain what is the different between rambler and
climber? Is it just a fanny name for climber or is there a major

different?

Thx.

Anonny Moose wrote:
Hi,

Got an idea. The cedar hedges that seperate b/w my neighbor's property
are getting too boring. So, I thought about buying climbing rose that
will climb onto the cedar hedge to give it some colour. But when I look
at the climbing rose bushes, the rose branches are actually quite thick
and I wonder whether it will collape the cedar hedges down.

So, is climbing rose on cedar hedge a bad idea?

I'd think you'd want a rambler not a climber and it might be pretty
interesting in the cedar.
Check Paul's Himalayan Musk at Heirloom Roses:
http://heirloomroses.com/cgi/browse....at=17&item=264

I have one growing into a tree in my yard - blooming now, and is

spectacular
draping down from the high branches.