Old 29-05-2004, 04:12 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Algae Problem

Now personally, and I haven't seen your particular stream, but quite often
all it needs is an attitude adjustment. I've seen many long winding pond
streams, and so often I'll be enthralled watching the SA sway in the
current of the clear water amongst the rocks and such. I guess I'm
mesmerized by the fact of how natural they look, just like all the little
natural streams I used to play in as a kid. (I grew up near a lake and my
family was heavy into water ski competition. Trophies in the hundreds.) I
wasn't interested in skiing, but loved playing in the streams looking for
water critters.... but I digress....

So I'll be deep into mesmerization and the pond owner will walk up and say,
"Yeah, wish I could do something about that damn algae."
;o)

Depending on the stream though, if you can plant water cress or iris in it,
those will help. ~ jan