Old 29-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Gail Futoran

Default String Algae *cure*

It was your statement (copied from below):

why on earth would you want to do physical work, when

you
have the option
NOT to???

that kinda set me off. You seem to be suggesting
there's something wrong with physical work.
Most ponders, like gardeners, actually *enjoy*
physical labor! Else why bother digging large
holes in fine clay... (mutter mutter mutter).

I.e., there's no harm in recommending a product
you've had good luck with, but the way you're
going about it is a bit of a turnoff. For me, at
least.

Different strokes...

Oh, and by the way, "natural chemicals" can
be just as harmful as "foreign chemicals".
E.g., a lot of common garden plants are
poisonous to cats. My neighbor's hedge
consists of shrubs that are highly poisonous
to humans. And too much of just about
anything is harmful. So let's not assume "foreign
chemicals" (whatever that means) are necessarily
better/safer than ... um, native chemicals??

Gail

"*muffin*" wrote in message
yes, but this is not one of those foreign chemicals.
koi clay is GOOD for the pond & well, especially for the

fish!

this is just an added benefit of this item.

"Gail Futoran" wrote in

message

"*muffin*" wrote in message

"B Ghostrider" wrote in message
the best way , i found ,to deal with string alge is

the
roll up your
sleaves and start pulling.

why on earth would you want to do physical work, when

you
have the option
NOT to???

When in doubt (about anything added to pond
water), I'd rather do physical work first until
I'm sure of the safety of a product. I know you
didn't ask me, but I agreed with B Ghostrider.

And another point: at my age and given
arthritis in all joints, any gentle physical work
I can do in the garden is a GOOD THING!
Pulling string algae definitely falls into that
category.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8