Old 29-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Rodney Pont

Default Salt and tadpoles (and a long explanation)

On Sat, 29 May 2004 01:41:42 GMT, dkat wrote:

Do you have snakes, weasels, rats, turtles? If its face was eaten off over
night, you have predators or we have one REALLY nasty bacteria out there.

We are in the vale of York and snakes are unknown here, as far as I'm
aware, but it would have taken the complete fish. It was eaten in the
water in a netted pond so stoats, weasels and rats are unlikely. If a
turtle had been released we would have seen it in the pond.

My favourite is still a starving Emperor dragonfly nymph. I just can't
think of anything else that would give that type of bite. It was lots
of small ones, like a caterpillar does to a leaf.

Whatever it was isn't around now, we've just got to get rid of the
bacteria that's taken hold.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont