Old 29-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Richard Wright

Default annual rainfall history

Thanks. This looks like exactly what I want.

On Fri, 28 May 2004 22:52:12 GMT, "Rod Out back"
wrote:

"Richard Wright" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks, I spent the hour but couldn't find a link. Specifically I
don't want averages or maps. What I want are the actual annual totals
from 2003 back as far as records go.

On Fri, 28 May 2004 23:01:18 +1000, "Bushy"
wrote:

Richard,

In QLD, there is a product sold through our Dept of Primary Industries &
Fisheries called 'Rainman'. I understand it has rainfall totals for all
weather stations in QLD, back as far as they have records for. Some of the
totals we were being shown were from around 1900.
Have a look at this link: http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/rainman/13233.html
It says that Rainman covers rainfall readings from 250 locations around
Australia for the standard & educational version, wheras the professional
version covers 3700 locations in Australia. Standard & Ed versions are worth
$125, and the pro version is $450. The data can be updated regularly from
the internet, so it seems easy to keep up to date. The data goes down to
daily totals.

It might be a bit beyond the dollars you are prepared to spend, but it would
certainly cover what you want to do.