Old 29-05-2004, 07:03 AM
*muffin*

Default String Algae *cure*

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
It was your statement (copied from below):

why on earth would you want to do physical work, when

you
have the option
NOT to???

that kinda set me off. You seem to be suggesting
there's something wrong with physical work.
Most ponders, like gardeners, actually *enjoy*
physical labor! Else why bother digging large
holes in fine clay... (mutter mutter mutter).

ok, (chill,, lol)

myself is getting OLD, I do not relish the idea of crawling in a pond in 10
yrs when I am 60!

I do all the other stuff, right now, planting etc, but there WILL come a day
I will be unable,, then what,, fill it in?
there are enough things to do with a pond, and anything that can help , why
is that a problem? ( I do have a physical problem now that limits me, to
some extent, and am lucky I can do what I can get accomplishedthat is
beside the point)

I see many people (post) who clean out their ponds each year/ empty, haul
out the crud & refill,, others say use BZT or the like,, so by what you are
saying , no one should use BZT? they should just empty it & shovel out all
the crud?

I put my comments about the string algae on this group because I read MANY
many posts about it, and most say to use algae fix or something,, now that
would be something I would think you & others would be up in arms about. I
was trying to be helpful and suggest a natural method.
but if your idea is going in & swilling string algae around a 'collecter'
all the time, you must have a heck of a lot of energy & free time.
I'd rather use that time for the other upkeep I need to do.