Old 29-05-2004, 09:05 AM
TwoBells

Default Help, rusty brown stuff growing in my tank!

Opps update, once you have won on the battlefield, buy around 6 'SIAMESE
ALGAE EATERS', these little guys will munch up the new shoots and keep the
enemy at bay.

Latin name: Crossocheilus siamensis

Steve Page

"TwoBells" wrote in message
I may be wrong guys, but it sounds to me that you have been infected by

the
insidious 'red bush algae'.
However, please do a google for the above and check photo's to confirm
diagnosis first.

I have just moved back from the front lines in a fight with this invader

and
can tell you its a nightmare, it gets onto everything, rocks, bogwood,
heaters, filters, plants (esp roots) usually introduced by plants

purchased
and introduced into your tank.
I had to go the bleach road as a solution. (19 parts water to 1 part

bleach)

Once contemplated, genned up and acted upon you WILL win.

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Algae/bleach.html

Steve Page