Old 29-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Tony

Default Sprinkler System?

"D" wrote in message news:O%Wtc.2012$aM1.1169@fed1read02...
Hi guys-
I just got a new house, and am having trouble getting the sprinkler system
turned on. The controls turn on fine (it's electronic), but can't get the
things to turn on and spray. The house was sitting without power/water for

turned on now. I just don't know how to get the sprinklers to come on. Any
suggestions?

Check to see if there is a box with a manual water shutoff to the system.
It will likely be wherever the sprinkler ties into the main water line.

If the system was left idle over a winter period, then this would generally
be turned off to prevent problems with frozen pipes.

If the system was winterized and the water turned off, you might have to
make other adjustments as well depending on the setup. (On mine, the
backflow preventer has 2 screws which are turned to bleed water out of that
"valve". It is turned one way to bleed the system and then turned back when
the system is activated.)

Tony