Old 29-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Phisherman

Default climbing rose on cedar hedges?

On Fri, 28 May 2004 14:32:35 -0400, (Alex
Ng) wrote:

Hi,

Got an idea. The cedar hedges that seperate b/w my neighbor's property
are getting too boring. So, I thought about buying climbing rose that
will climb onto the cedar hedge to give it some colour. But when I look
at the climbing rose bushes, the rose branches are actually quite thick
and I wonder whether it will collape the cedar hedges down.

So, is climbing rose on cedar hedge a bad idea?

Thx

Rose canes do not grab onto anything and "climb." To grow well,
most roses need a lot of maintenance and lots of sun. Honey suckle
might be a better idea, but personally I can't see the improvement of
a cedar hedge.