Old 29-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Robert

Default hardy purple flowering plants

"Angela" wrote in message
s.com...
: Hello!
:
: My name is Angela and I'm a newbie to this forum & a newbie to
: gardening. I live in a flat in Brighton, Sussex and would like to
: start some planter boxes. There is a small outjut that receives a lot
: of afternoon and evening sun as it has a westerly aspect. I would
: really like to put some purple flowering plants here. They would have
: to be quite hardy as the outjut is unprotected and very exposed. They
: would have to withstand the high winds on the coast, the pollution from
: the busy main road which is less than 50m away, and the salty air from
: the sea which is about 100m away. Hmmm...maybe this isn't possible?!
: Does anyone know of any such amazing purple flowering plants that could
: withstand these conditions?!
:
: Thanks,
: