Old 29-05-2004, 03:04 PM
dd

Default Several words to the wise

In article , Ray
wrote:

That's pretty much my policy, too. Besides, it's the "helping others" part
of the job that makes it
worthwhile for me.

In the 10 years I've been selling on the web, there have only been a handful
of folks I've had
problems with:

One guy emailed me complaining that the plants he bought "a couple of weeks
ago" were infested with
insects. In fact, the purchase was over six months prior, so when I pointed
out that 1) I haven't
seen a bug in my GH, and 2) a lot can happen in 6 months, he was thrilled
just to get some guidance
on getting rid of the critters.

A recent one was a goodie: someone ordered some plants, but when filling in
the order form, "forgot"
that he had recently moved, entering the old address. Fortunately, the new
resident refused the
shipment so I could get it rerouted (at my expense).

The plants that I've bought from Ray have arrived in PERFECT condition
and free of insects and disease. They've consistently been a good
value, too. I've also ordered from other on-line vendors and have had
very good luck with the plants I've ordered.

The only "buggy" or diseased plants I've purchased have been from Home
Depot and orchid society auctions, with orchid society plants being the
biggest source of problems. I'll never buy an auction plant again
unless I know who grew it!