Old 29-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Brigitte J.

Default Useless Tomato Seedlings?

"David Kotschessa" wrote in message

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Brigitte J. wrote:

"David Kotschessa" wrote in message

Before I had some idea what I was doing I started some cherry tomato

seeds
indoors, in egg cartons. They all sprouted and are all growing now.

In
the meantime I bought some whole plants which I have planted in my

garden,
knowing that I won't be getting much out of the seedlings. Is there

anyway
I can get any use out of them so I can plant them next year? Is it
possible to keep them alive, maybe grow them indoors with enough

lighting?
Or should I just can the project and wait until next year. Would hate

get rid of all those little baby tomato plants!

Is there some reason you can't plant them outside in your garden?

Brigitte

I guess I thought that was self-evident so I didn't acutally say it, but I
guess it isn't! I simply thought it was too late to plant them now. They
are only tiny seedlings. If I put them out they will likely grow, not
produce anything, then die, correct?

What have you got to lose by planting them? I'm new to this gardening thing
too, and would consider it a learning experience.

Brigitte