Old 29-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Brigitte J.

Default What's the Best Small Weeding tool/technique?

"Blarneystone" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 25 May 2004 13:24:03 GMT, Blarneystone
wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a very small 8ft by 8ft garden that has tomato and bean
plants. My problem is that for some reason each year thousands of
little grass type of weeds pop up. They are difficult to get to do to
sheer number and closeness to the other veggie plants.

Is there a small weeding tool that might help? Or do you have any
recommendations. It seems I'll weed one day and they have returned the
next.

P.S. I saw this little tool that looked like a serrated Sickle(sp) that
had a fork at the end that is for small weeding. would that amount to
anything?

Many thanks!

Thanks again all for the great suggestions! I'm going to look around town
for some hula weeders and such.

After reading all of the advise in this thread, I decided to purchase a
stirrup/hula hoe. Someone mentioned sharpening it. The one I purchased,
and all the ones I looked at were not at all sharp. Rather dull and more of
a rounded surface. Is this how they are intended to be? Seems it would
work much better if it were sharp. I should I sharpen it? I have a large
file, would that work?

Thanks,
Brigitte