Old 29-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Katra

Default Dog feces in compost?

In article fc.003d094101c75cef3b9aca008a82b967.1c75cf3@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:

I shovel up the dog shit and throw it up against the fence for my wild
grape vines to eat. The grapes never come into contact with the poop, so
I don't worry about it. The grape vines seem to be very happy, and I've
got to do SOMETHING with the shit from 3 shelties and a border collie,
plus two lab/chows that I'm boarding for a friend! ;-)

The grape vines (and the honeysuckle vines) seem to appreciate the
fertilizer!

And therein lies the key . . . use it only for non-food items in areas
where no food plants will be planted.

Good point! lol

Cheers!
K.