Old 29-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default questions from a rose newbie

In article ,
says...
My favorites (in no particular order)

Grafted hybrid teas, floribundas and the like: Edmunds Roses
Old roses and the like: Antique Rose Emporium

Be sure and plant some rugosa hybrids. We had a bad winter last
year and my Austins and a couple of modern roses are still
struggling back. My rugosas are blooming like crazy.

Unusual Roses: The Uncommon Rose

Is this a good place for Austins ("English" roses)?

Since you're in Virginia, you might try Wayside Gardens. I've heard
good things about them, but I've never ordered from them. They're
close (in SC).

Wayward Gardens? You've got to be kidding. I ordered plants
(not roses) from them once and most were DOA. I've seen posts
here that say they're not much better with roses.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?