Old 29-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Alan Gould

Default My slugs are nuts

In article , Gwenhyffar
Milgi writes
Ok, strange one here.

My slugs are ignoring the lettuce and instead eating the spinach.

Are my slugs just nuts? Could it be the nettle fertilizer has sent
them around the bend? Are they high on lager-fumes?

You don't say where you put the nettle juice, hopefully you didn't try
to make lager from it. If it is of any relevance at all, when we had
goats, they would eat pretty well any green-stuff except lettuce. They
would look at us mournfully and say "Lettuce have something else" I was
told that lettuce contained too little fibre for them. Almost any other
plant was fair game if they ever broke loose.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.