Old 29-05-2004, 08:02 PM
nswong

Default What's the Best Small Weeding tool/technique?

Hi,

"Brigitte J." wrote in message

After reading all of the advise in this thread, I decided to

purchase a
stirrup/hula hoe. Someone mentioned sharpening it. The one I

purchased,
and all the ones I looked at were not at all sharp. Rather dull and

more of
a rounded surface. Is this how they are intended to be? Seems it

would
work much better if it were sharp. I should I sharpen it? I have a

large
file, would that work?

No. You should not sharpen it.

I do not use hula hoe before, but for what I know, all tools that work
in the soil will become dull in no time. Sharpening just a waste of
time.

Instead of the sharp angle, the blade should be round, especially when
there is some small stone in the soil. This work best for soil tools,
also are the shape it will develop itself after using sometime.

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m