Old 29-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Sacha

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

On 29/5/04 6:23 pm, in article , "Joe"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes

Anyhow, I'm writing to the Beeb to have a general whinge about all this and
I hope others who feel the same will do so, too. Gardens in Manchester and
Spitalfields are NOT Chelsea Flower Show. A whole other programme or two
could have been made out of the totally irrelevant stuff shown during
supposed coverage of CHELSEA!

This happens year after year, too consistently to be accidental. Also,
much of the material that is shown is usually repeated. We see the same
few gardens over and over again, and many gardens and much of the
pavilion are never shown. Does anyone know if this is just down to ease
of camera positioning, or if the coverage is limited in some way in the
contract with the BBC?

I think sheer space will determine some of it but given those shoulder cams
or whatever they're called - they must be able to get to most places.
We were waiting to see the exhibit Brian Hiley did for Trevena Cross - they
got a gold but we saw damn all and he and his wife work their little socks
off for every damned show the RHS produces. That's an outrageous neglect,
IMO. Those are the people that keep the RHS shows going, all the little
shows, not just great big important Chelsea.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)