Old 29-05-2004, 11:12 PM
tuin man

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 May 2004 18:33:12 +0000 (UTC), "Robert"
wrote:

Sue wrote:
: I've been enjoying the programmes, although I'd rather have had

Monty
: Don presenting than Mr Smugmarsh, but two other things have
: particularly jarred every time I've watched:
:
: a) Charlie Dimmock's wooden way of reading anything out to camera

and
: b) that flipping awful theme music! :-/

I agree with you about the blue fencing and decking man! Why not a

real
gardener but I ask myself is Chelsea for real gardeners?

delurks

can someone tell me what a real gardener is?

I'm still developing my interest in gardening so don't understand

the
distinction that seems so apparent to the group regulars.

Gardeners are the folk whose primary interest is in propagating and
cultivating the plants, including vegetables.
snip

I seem to recall that on a topic as to *what is a garden*, there was some
consensus that a gardener might be one who tends a garden from it the point
of creation &/or beyond that point.
There was no distinction offered on grounds (no pun intended) of plant type,
(veg,flower shrub,tree) or materials incorporated.

Patrick