Old 29-05-2004, 11:15 PM
tuin man

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2004 21:26:54 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

There was a summing up of Chelsea on TV tonight. It's just finished. AT
and DG went to the 'balls' garden and I saw no planting that made me want

rush out and emulate any of it. But I did think DG was sincere in his
beliefs and perhaps a little chastened by his experience.

yes, Sacha, I agree.
Did any of you watch the programme 9 - 10 last night, about Capability
Brown, presented by Diarmud? I thought he did quite well.

Pam in Bristol

I di and agree.
I think it was called Art of the Garden. My reason for mentioning its name
is that on returning from Chelsea Fl Sh last Tues evening, I made my way
back to Charring Cross via a stroll from Chelsea Bridge.
As I did so, I noticed a forthcomming exhibition at the Tate and it has a
very similar name.
Slight;y ot, I also notice a work in progress by English Landscapes and it
looks promising. I also noticed the planting outside eagle house. half of it
dieing .. well, ok,, maybe not half. It reminded me of the garden design
used around the admin section of a Las vegas hotel... but no dead plants.
An just when I assumed that by getting on the tube, I'd see no more
gardening for a while, the train just happened to stop at one station at a
point where I was looking straight at Diarmuids forthcomming new
(gardening?) book... the name of which I've already forgotton (-:

Patrick