Old 30-05-2004, 12:11 AM
RichardS

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from Joe contains these words:

snip

I was gobsmacked that the BBC permitted Alan Titchmarsh and Diarmuid
Decongestant, to blatantly advertise their respective tailors. That kind
of prime-time, fame-associated TV exposure is worth a fortune to
brandnames. It's a far cry from the days when the BBC blanked out the
brand-name on the detergent bottle or yoghurt pot the Blue Peter
presenters were making into a birdfeeder or space rocket.

Actually, I think that one clip spoke volumes about the gulf between AT and
DG - the Gardener and the Designer.

Not too sure that there'll be a rush on Gucci or Next (I think it was)
suits - anyone spending (?) £700, £1k plus on a suit would possibly have
Gucci in their sights (if not wardrobe) anyway, and Next is just, well,
Next.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at