Old 30-05-2004, 10:13 AM
John Edgar

Default re blackbirds and mulch

And you will quite possibly have trapped, injured and dead birds in the
netting. All because some mulch gets thrown around? The blackbirds are
searching for and eating pests that will attack the very plants you are
trying to protect. Does a perfectly tidy, manicured, practically hoovered
garden make up for more pests and dead birds? ;-)

Frankly I think this is a bit of an over-reaction. Firstly I have seen
no dead birds anywhere. Secondly the netting is only about 12" to 18"
wide - it is just where the mulch comes up to the drive. They have the
rest of the beds to go over at their own will and pleasure which they
do extensively. I don't care 2 hoots what they do there and they are
welcome to find whatever they want.
John
In limine sapientiae