Old 30-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Janice

Default Doing a happy dance!

On Sat, 29 May 2004 09:57:51 -0400, Joe wrote:

On 05/28/2004 09:11 AM, Jean B. said:
May I enthuse here for a moment? After about 1.5 years, I have
finally gotten a slot with the local landscaper who does things
without using herbicides and pesticides....

Good for you! I always thought there'd be a big market for
eco-friendly landscapers. Besides not using herbicides and
pesticides, it would be great to see someone using non-gas powered
tools for trimming hedges or raking leaves. I guess we don't see
that because it's not economically sound (time = money). But maybe
my supposition is wrong, and I should try starting that business
someday.

Good luck with you new landscaper, Jean.

haha.. well I'm figuring it's good when you can find one who knows a
flower from a weed, or even a vegetable from a weed!

I have a friend who used to accompany another friend and I when we
used to go "Greenhousing" which amounted to going to each and every
greenhouse we could find in town and even in neighboring towns. That
was a big deal to me as I've never really owned a real trustworthy
vehicle, so it was always a risk. Anyway, that friend has been
helping me around the yard, and I've been paying her, is going to move
pretty soon, out of state! This is going to leave me in bad way since
I can't afford to pay big prices, and most of the people doing yard
work are only mowing lawns, maybe weed whacking the edges, and beyond
that do more damage than help, and if you have an area you can trust
them to weed, they want $25 an hour or more, to do hand weeding!

I'm just not able to do more than sit and spray the hose around the
yard and soak the half whiskey barrel planters, and pull some weeds
out of the ones I can reach. It's depressing

So I can see someone being delighted to acquire help that doesn't
require continual supervision to keep from losing your plants! I
can't do that all the time, and when it gets really hot, can't spend
very much time outside at all. I generally go out early morning or
later in the day.. not early evening .. mid? after the sun is off the
yard, and the temperatures has had time to drop 10 or 15 degrees.

I'm going to have to put out a plea for help, but I hate to advertise
my inability to get around well as that can also be a "come help
yourself to anything I own" ad too. I'd have to get a few large dogs
too! LOL

Janice