Old 30-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Sacha

[snip]

For me, I think it has something to do with plants being living
organisms, which *grow*. So a garden makeover which looks good

because
all the plants look just right isn't a real garden unless it is

still
going to look good in a year's time when the plants have spread.

You have hit the nail on the head. Of how many of the Chelsea gardens,
and indeed the Beeb "madeover" gardens, would this be true?

And a
gardener wants to continue to be involved in that garden - not just

sit back and look at it, but to continue to add plants and develop

it.

The evolution of the garden is of the essence.

Franz