Old 30-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Sacha

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

On 30/5/04 8:21 am, in article , "Robert"
wrote:

Kay Easton wrote:

snip
:
: For me, I think it has something to do with plants being living
: organisms, which *grow*. So a garden makeover which looks good because
: all the plants look just right isn't a real garden unless it is still
: going to look good in a year's time when the plants have spread. And a
: gardener wants to continue to be involved in that garden - not just to
: sit back and look at it, but to continue to add plants and develop it.

And also for me it is not this person who was on GQT last week talking about
the people in the suberbs being prepared to spend enormous amouts of money
on something that someone else has done or grown, and then to 'plop' it in
your garden

I don't mind people having others to work in their garden but those who
simply hand over a cheque and say "furnish that" are no more gardeners than
those who do the same to interior designers are er, "interior designers."
;-) As Kay has said plants are living things and the joy of gardening to a
gardener, IMO, is that you work with them and around them - you don't think
of them as a finished article once they're in the soil.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk