Old 30-05-2004, 12:04 PM
pixi

Default Great Stuff to Seal Leaks?

I don't know much about pond buildings but I have learned a few things by
trial and error. I used some sort of expanding foam on my waterfall and
sprayed with an oil based paint. Big mistake! The paint ate holes in the
foam. I then bought some latex based paint and it worked well. So be sure
to read the label on the Great Stuff can. It may tell you what not to use.

Please do keep me informed.

Pixi.

"GoldLexus" wrote in message
Pixi I am assuming you are referring to my post about patching our
waterfall.
We will be doing the patching on Monday. I picked up the Great Stuff at

Depot yesterday.
It will be a couple of weeks before we have the waterfall running. Along
with patching the waterfall we
have to clean out the pond and filters. And we want to re-route the water
better down the falls.
I will let you know how it goes. I have read posts from a long time ago

and
it sounds like the
Great Stuff really does the job. I ever read that someone built their

entire
falls using the Great Stuff
as a mortar for the rocks and they seem happy about their outcome.
My two questions still stands....How long will it last and what kind of
paint to use to cover the Great stuff
up.
"pixi" wrote in message
Hello. Did the Great Stuff work to seal your leak? And if it did,

where
did you buy it?

Sent you an e-mail but it bounced.

Thanks