Old 30-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Douglas

Default Dismantling old greenhouse. Where to start?

"Eric Shune" wrote in message
photographs..............

don't start from the bottom and work up otherwise the up will have very
little down to stand on.

"JBB" wrote in message
Help! We have to dismantle a 35 year old wooden framed greenhouse as it

is
on the verge of disintegration - some panels missing; some wood on the
outside rotten although the frames inside look sounder. Where do we

start
top down or bottom up? I have searched the archive via Google groups and
have not found anything there. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
Julia

********************
Careful with that broken glass!, Some of the edges are as sharp as razors
and wrist veins, sometimes arteries are seriously at risk,- and I mean that.
Watch out for catching arms on broken pieces in situ and never pull a stiff
piece out by force, - the arm can backswing across with force and be
damaged on another broken pane. better to shatter them with a
hammer.(Wearing goggles - natch!) and keep children away.
Wear thick gauntlets and a thick jacket with the wrists under the gauntlet
cuffs.
Alright, have a laff, but I've seen it all, missis. I wasn't a safety
Ossifer for 10 years fer nowt and saw nowt.
Anyone for lifting lessons?, - mark this. - and for the proper way to use a
digging spade correctly?, or how to wield a heavy narrow pole-hole spade-
and-spoon?. And how to use the legs to lift and to keep the chin in and
spine
straight. Just like a professional weight-lifter, whose methods and stance
indicate what I am talking about.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating and when those lessons were
introduced the number of men reduced to permanent bedrest and agony was
reduced by 75 percent.
I'm talking of G.P.O Comms Engineers, of whom there were many thousands in
those days, so the effect on mens' lives as well as productivity, was
colossal.
Doug.