Old 30-05-2004, 05:04 PM
fitwell

Default Old Seeds

On Sun, 30 May 2004 15:51:33 GMT, "Don B" wrote:

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
.. .
"Don B" wrote:

This is my second year working on my little garden (4x8), and I still

have
some seeds from last year. My question is should I plant using the old
seeds, or purchase new ones?

Year-old dill ought to be just fine. If you grew dill last year, look for
seedlings where you had it.... it isn't called Dill "Weed" for nothin'!

Tkx Gary for your comment, but I was not referring to dill weed what so
ever. I was referring to all my kitchen vegetables...ie cucumbers,
green/yellow beans, snow peas, and radishes.

P.S. As far as what zone I am in...I haven't a clue. I'm in Ottawa, Ont
Canada.

Hey, me too, I'm from Ottawa! g

Difference is that I'm growing indoors. g

I'm going to try growing things on the balcony but that makes for a
short season for me, too. I live in a bachelor apt and the conditions
were never good so herbs/veggies never thrived beyond a week or two.
I bought a shelving unit from Ikea last summer and recently was able
to add fix up 2 fluorescent units and my herbs have for the first time
flourished! I wish I had a little 4x8 piece of land, but this will
do! g And at least I'll have, I hope, some lettuces and herbs and
spinach throughout the year at all times. g