Old 30-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Mike LaMana

Default Missing fish in pond

Sounds like an oxygen-depletion die-off. It would improbable for predators
to kill every last fish..themselves included.
How deep is the pond, and how old? Have you tested for ammonia and Dissolved
oxygen at various times of the yer??

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"Kayla" wrote in message
We have a large pond and have 3 generations of fish which we feed
daily. Last year 10 surfaced in the spring and we assumed they died
of lack of air so this winter we made sure that air holes in the ice
were kept open. This year we have not seen one fish. NONE!! There
were about 200 fish last year. The neighbour put in a few bass one
year and they have multiplied over the years. How could that many
fish disappear without a trace? Would a snapping turtle clean out a
pond? The pond is about 50 x 100 feet. We are completely puzzled.

Lori