Old 30-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Gary Woods

Default Old Seeds

"Don B" wrote:

Tkx Gary for your comment, but I was not referring to dill weed what so
ever. I was referring to all my kitchen vegetables...ie cucumbers,
green/yellow beans, snow peas, and radishes.

My old brain must have been in a "pickle!"
The Organic Gardening Encyclopedia has a "longevity of seeds" list
somewhere' most everything is good for at least 2 years. I germination
tested a bunch of my stored stuff, and the pickling cuke seed that I grew
several years ago was still 100%.
Having said that, you may note that the packets say "Packed for XXXX," and
with a stated germination percentage for that year. The seed may actually
be older.
Unless your livelihood depends on it, just plant the seeds....