Old 30-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Deborah P.

Default sorrel seedlings collapsing

Sacha wrote:

On 30/5/04 5:34 pm, in article , "Deborah P."
wrote:

snip

snip
Drainage is vital for most herbs. They'll put up with drought conditions
for quite a while but they won't stand having their feet in water.

snip

I'm glad to know about the drought conditions because the reason my
herbs sometimes receive excess water is that I often don't get around to
watering them until they almost dry out and then give them a thorough
drenching. I also usually use clay pots with crocks in the bottom. Maybe
I should give up on plastic self-watering containers - they're certainly
not as attractive.

Deborah