Old 30-05-2004, 10:02 PM
'enry VIII

Default Japanese chestnut ID

All this talk about Chestnut trees have spiked my interest, what would you
recommend as a good tree to plant for Eastern Washington State

'enry VIII

"Retiredff" wrote in message
link.net...

'enry VIII wrote:
This might help you:
http://www.nb.net/~javadoug/amch/Che...omparison.html

'enry VIII

Thanks, that is one of many sites I've looked at. The best part about it
is
the side-by-side comparison of the various parts. Even though there is a
huge difference in the pictures of the leaves, there were still enough
differences in what I provided to the extension service that they were
still
unsure. That was the main reason wanting the female flower info.

If all else fails, I just have to hope for some nuts this fall. The last
time it produced was almost three years ago.