Old 30-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Jim Elbrecht

Default Old Seeds

On Sun, 30 May 2004 11:48:46 GMT, "Don B" wrote:

Hello everyone
This is my second year working on my little garden (4x8), and I still have
some seeds from last year. My question is should I plant using the old
seeds, or purchase new ones?

The remaining seeds were sealed up, and were kept in a dry place in the
basement.

They *might* work. It is as much reliant on storage conditions as
seed variety.

The *only* way to find out is to try. Count out 5-10 seeds, damp
them on a couple paper towels. If they all sprout you have 100%
germination. If 1 in 10 does, then you have 10% germination.

Sound like too much work? Buy a new pack for a dollar.

Jim