Old 30-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Joe Williamson

Default How are tomatoe volunteers?

On Sat, 29 May 2004 23:55:34 -0700, Glenna Rose wrote:

However, I grow almost exclusively heirloom tomatoes, so they are
all super...

I am just trying some Brandywine so-called heirlooms. Got them from a
major seed company, so I'm not sure if they really qualify as heirlooms.
But it's weird to see the potato-leafed plants coming up--not what I've
assciated with tomatoes in the past. Can you tell me what heirloom
varieties you like the best, and if your growing techniques are any
different than with the usual hybrids?

..I've never eaten a bad tomato. :-)

Alas, that's what got me back into gardening. It was seemingly impossible
to find a good-tasting tomatoe in a store anymore.