Old 31-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Ray Drouillard

Default Cicada problems??

There are several different groups of cicadas in the country. Every
year, there is a cicada hatch somewhere. I don't know why this
particular hatch is hitting the news, when other hatches are only known
locally. Go figure...

Ray

"Grandpa" jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote in message
They most definately do thrive in NM, regardless of what the maps

show.
They LOVE our Cottonwood trees and often haunt our parks and along
the Rio Grande as both have loads of Cottonwoods. Those maps are
probably derived from some idiot who thinks NM is a foreign country!

Steve wrote:

Of course, you shouldn't have any 17 year (or even 13 year) cicadas
there. You are not in their range and neither am I:
http://members.fortunecity.com/cicad...9/235d16b0.jpg
We both DO have other cicadas that show up later in the summer,

every year.

Steve in the Adirondacks of northern NY

Grandpa wrote:

They've not hit New Mexico, yet, but they will, and they'll drive

our
two MinPins bananas. Wife got one in her hair years ago, damn did

she
do a wonderful shreaking danceno sense of humor! 8*)

Grandpa

Bob S. wrote:

In the Spring the media played up the coming swarm of cicadas(17

year
locusts), particularly in the Ohio River basin of the USA. Has the
hatch been as bad as predicted? Have they caused any damage to

your
gardens or to any pets from eating them? Or was the media hype a
bust?

Bob S.