Old 31-05-2004, 04:05 AM
Jim Elbrecht

Default Squirrel is destroying cukes

Phisherman wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2004 19:48:23 GMT, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

(paghat) wrote:

-snip-
Squirrels are highly territorial.

The most common squirrel in my part of the world [upstate NY] is the
Eastern Grey. These buggers are gregarious if the food supply will
support them.

A good description of these critters is at
http://spot.colorado.edu/~halloran/sq_grey.html

This article states that the grey squirrel is non-territorial. And
I'm 99% sure I have a grey-squirrel issue. My current plan is to
trap and relocate them.

In many [most?] states that is illegal. Check with your local
authority & you might get a permit to catch & kill them, but it isn't
likely they'll let you give your problem to someone else.

Jim