Old 31-05-2004, 11:23 AM
martin

Default My slugs are nuts

On Sun, 30 May 2004 20:41:23 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Gwenhyffar Milgi" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:27:27 +0100, "tuin man"
wrote:

"Gwenhyffar Milgi" wrote in message
.. .
Ok, strange one here.

My slugs are ignoring the lettuce and instead eating the spinach.

How considerate of them. Would they like some salt with it?
I once attempted to distract them on an allottemt by using cress to

feed
them. At first it didn't work. And then it did... but by that stage

there
wasn't much else left for them )-:

Well, problem is I planted the lettuce (loads and loads of it),

hoping
it would keep them away from the rest. There's only two of us, and I
just sowed 4 rows of tightly sown lettuce hoping they'd stay away

from
anything else and gorge themselves on lettuce.

Sigh. Now I have loads and loads of lettuce, and no spinach, which I
really really like.

Why not try boiling the lettuce?

or using the lettuce to feed rabbits and roasting them?