Old 31-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Elderberry wick with blackfly!

The message m
from Tim Challenger "timdotchallenger("@)tele2dotat contains these words:
On Mon, 31 May 2004 00:59:12 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

Has it got Jew's ears yet?

I was wondering about that. I have my favourite old elders for
collecting those.

Huh? What are they?

A dark brown fungus which grows on dead or dying wood, very frequently
on elders. Edible, dries well. Starts as a (or several) little dark
lumps and expands into a downward-facing ear-like cup, from small, up to
about the size of a small human ear.

How long would an Elder be expected to live, roughly?

One elder I collect Jew's ear from is about ten years old. There's life
in it yet, but (I'd guess) not another ten.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/