Old 31-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Mike LaMana

Default Planting Trees

True sometimes John. I have dug up and reset trees up to 5 years after
initial installation with good results.This is especially effective on large
transplants because they have so much reserve they can keep going for a few
years even if improperly planted.

IMO most landscapers have no idea about how to plant a tree, how to water,
what species behave in what way, etc. Landscape Architects are slightly
better, but are not around enough to make a real difference on most
projects.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"John A. Keslick, Jr." wrote in message
If a newly planted tree is declining because it has been planted too deep,
it is best to start over again with a new healthy tree that is planted
correctly.

---------------------------------------LINKS---------------------
TECHNO TREE BIOLOGY DICTIONARY online at
http://www.treedictionary.com

Articles written by DR. ALEX L. SHIGO, one of the foremost authorities
worldwide on tree systems today online at
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/SHIGO

Announcing the release of a 2-CD set by DR. SHIGO
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/CDS1.html

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!

About me - Some of my educational activities I have enjoyed are here
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/educat.html