Old 31-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Kay Easton

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

In article , Sacha
writes

Maybe he drives as many people round the bed as he does me. ;-) He's just
another of those 'cult of the personality' people with that stupid hat. If
he dropped the gimmmick and just gardened, perhaps we'd notice that rather
than the headgear. As it is, he strikes me as pretentious.
Llewellyn Bowen has the hair and the shirt cuffs; Sinclair has to have a hat
because everything else is taken - no bra for Charlie, hair and nails for
Rachel, natty suits and "aren't I a one" for Alan, Irish and Cockney accents
for Diarmuid and Joe - nothing else left, really. ;-) Somehow, Geoff
Hamilton got by with a spade and fork and dirty hands. Nowadays, they'd
probably tell him to have a perm, or something. Even Tommy's had a 'hair
do'.

Hey - that's overstating it a bit! Irish and cockney accents a
'gimmick'? - (good job you didn't say 'lancashire' else you'd have been
well taken to task ;-) )

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: