Old 31-05-2004, 02:04 PM
HTH

Default Pond Location

Please be sure the pond water level is somewhat higher then that of any
possible standing or running water outside the pond. That is the key to
keeping the pond liner/shell in place during a rain.

It is ok for the pond liner/shell to overflow from direct rain (not
runoff). As long the pond is raised above the standing/flowing water it
will stay put.

Howard

NW wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll stick with my first choice location
(low spot) and keep the pond slightly raised above the existing grade and
build a berm up-slope of the pond to divert water. The yard already has a
swale cut across the slope which should help also

Since this will be a small scale pond I'm seriously considering one of those
pre-formed "tub" type liners. Can I assume the hydrostatic pressure against
the sides or up from the bottom would not be an issue as it would with a
EPDM liner?

BH in PA

"NW" wrote in message
news
From an aesthetics point of view I have an ideal spot near the back of our
house that can be seen from our deck, patio and kitchen window. It's

about

15-20 feet out from the house. However, my yard slopes downward toward

the

house with the slope leveling out around the proposed pond location. The
yard slopes downward very slightly from the house toward this location.

In

other words, it's a subtle low spot, not a sizable indentation in the

yard.

It looks like a natural spot for a pond to be given this grading but I'm
concerned about possible negative impact of rain run off. I don't see
puddles in this spot so the draining seems good. Any thoughts?

Thanks.