Old 31-05-2004, 04:02 PM
escapee

Default Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

For bone meal, replace using soft rock phosphate. Not that awful junk Triple
Phosphate. Really, my roses (I have 2, a Rosa rugosa and an antique climber)
love the application of compost, and I fertilize them with organic pelletized
fertilizer, LadyBug Brand (if you can not find it in your area, ask around for
another brand of certified organic) and I spray the roses with aerobic tea,
liquid seaweed, molasses, apple cider vinegar and fish emulsion. All of that
goes into a sprayer at a rate of 1 tablespoon per gallon of (rain) water, and
the aerobic tea at about a cup to the gallon. I do this and I have virtually no
problems. I cannot control the humidity. The roses get plenty of air
circulation.

On Mon, 31 May 2004 03:30:21 GMT, MisNomer opined:

Our mad cow never made it into the food chain, yours did.

That aside. Thanks for the warning about bone meal. What kind of other
fertilizer would be good for roses?

take care
Liz

On Fri, 28 May 2004 15:38:50 -0700, (paghat)
wrote:

After the mad cow scare last year here in Washington state (thanks to
infected cows brought in from Canada making it into the human foodchain) a

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?