Old 31-05-2004, 04:04 PM
MOM PEAGRAM

Default Seedlings

I'm beginning to think it was the Miracle Grow soil-less potting mix. I've
never had this happen before.

"Frogleg" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:02:04 -0400, "MOM PEAGRAM"
wrote:

I have a small question to ask. This year when I started my seedlings

from
seeds, I ended up with a lot of them not doing much. All new seed, but I
used miracle grow potting soil and I wonder if the fertilizer in this mix
was too strong for starting seeds? Any comments?

I don't know about fertilizer *harming* seedlings, but I've always
started mine in a soil-less starter mix with no ammendments. Seeds
have enough 'food' to sustain sprouting and early growth (those first
1-2 pairs of true leaves). I use *very* dilute fertilizer only after
transplanting to individual pots.