Old 31-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Penny Morgan

Default butterfly bushes

I have the same situation with my large butterfly bush. It usually grows
beautifully, but it looks like its almost dead.

My guess is that it started to flush out new growth and we got some intense
heat and dry weather for quite some time. New growth is very tender and may
be burned by high temps and dry weather. I don't see any reason why it
can't be cut back to start new growth. Hopefully, we'll get some more
serious rain to help out with this situation.

Good luck.

Penny
"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
news
The leaves on several of my butterfly bushes are yellow spotted
and shriveling. Is this a disease or an insect problem? One big
old bush is almost ready to croak. Should I cut it back to the
ground again?
Thanks for any and all advice.
Jenny