Old 31-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Deborah P.

Default lemons and red spider mites

Kay Easton wrote:
In article , Deborah P.
writes

Does anyone else have the problem that as soon as it gets warmer and
sunnier red spider mites attack their lemon trees?

Yes - not just on lemons. Sometimes I believe they're capable of
spontaneous regeneration ;-)

snip
Try the predator, available from a number of companies - Google on "red
spider" biological.
It works, but not quickly - at first you think it has failed, but a few
weeks later you realise you don't seem to have a red spider problem any
more.

You'd still be able to mist the plants to keep the humidity up and deter
red spider, but it would be best not to put them under the shower else
you'd wash the predator off too. And you wouldn't be able to pesticides
(which you don't want to) or soap solutions.

That sounds like a great idea. Thank you. I just have one question which
you'll probably find daft but still I can't get it out of my head. What
happens to the predators when they've eaten all the spider mites?