Old 31-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Pam Moore

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:07:55 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

BY the way, whats the name of that lady who replaced R.de T whilst she was
germinating and growing on her seedling? I thought she was OK and ought to
have a place on the regular GW team. Maybe she is no real looker , but she
was a gardener!

I visited Burton House Garden, Tenbury Wells, Worcs (Treasures of
Tenbury) last week. Nice garden, excellent plant centre but I was
disappointed that, holding a National Collection of clematis, there
were not more to be seen.
Got chatting to the Head Gardener, Graham Bachman (I think) and he was
talking about the TV presenters who have been there. He said R de T
was a real gardener, knew her plant names and could hold a
conversation.
I think Sarah Raven is good too. Maybe we could have them both.
The guy also was impressed by Geoffrey Smith and Nigel Colbourne.
He also pushed the point that he does garden talks. He seemed a nice
bloke and I'm sure would be a good speaker. He charges about £40 plus
mileage.

I asked him if John Treasure was still about. "Yes, he's under a
stone in the Churchyard" was his reply!

Pam in Bristol