Old 31-05-2004, 06:22 PM
mich

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:07:55 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Got chatting to the Head Gardener, Graham Bachman (I think) and he was
talking about the TV presenters who have been there. He said R de T
was a real gardener, knew her plant names and could hold a
conversation.

Maybe this brings us back to the point of what defines a "real gardener" ( I
never said *real gardener*, I said gardener, but that might be splitting
hairs)

I too know my plant names and can hold a conversation ( I even have a few
horticultural certificates of the City and Guilds Level 3 kind with
distinctions to "prove" it g) but I am not what I would consider a
"gardener".

A gardener is someone who can get down and do the job. I just teach! g I
can teach almost anything to anyone.

We saw Sarah raven get down and dirty in the ground. The way she weilds a
spade shows she can do ( you should see me with a spade - or maybe not) .
That in my book is what makes a gardener. R de T simply doesnt have that get
down and dirty look.