Old 31-05-2004, 08:05 PM
len gardener

Default How are tomatoe volunteers?

g'day james,

i like volunteers of any sorts in my gardens as stated already they
are generally the hardiest and produce very well. the only catch might
be if you ahve been planting F1 hybrids there may be some doubt as the
quality of fruit. stick with the open pollenated heirlooms and you
won't miss.

i have grape, cherry and pear tomatoes that i never plant all
volunteers and we get inundated with fruit.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening