Old 31-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Grandpa

Default Cicada problems??

Nope, simply saying regardless of what the funky map shows, they do show
up in NM, and more often that 17 years.

Steve wrote:

...and you are telling me they only show up every 17 years? If not, read
my post again.

Steve

Grandpa wrote:

They most definately do thrive in NM, regardless of what the maps
show. They LOVE our Cottonwood trees and often haunt our parks and
along the Rio Grande as both have loads of Cottonwoods. Those maps
are probably derived from some idiot who thinks NM is a foreign country!

Steve wrote:

Of course, you shouldn't have any 17 year (or even 13 year) cicadas
there. You are not in their range and neither am I:
http://members.fortunecity.com/cicad...9/235d16b0.jpg
We both DO have other cicadas that show up later in the summer, every
year.

Steve in the Adirondacks of northern NY