Old 01-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Douglas

Default Price of trees

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Douglas" contains these words:

Very good and wise information in my opinion.

**************
What was?.
**************

Here's some even better. That post had four screens of unedited,
irrelevent material for readers to scroll through before your one-liner
contribution. If you make a habit of that, very few people will bother
to open posts from you, and you will effectively be talking only to
yourself.
Janet

**********************
Each to his own. I also don't like people who use up precious space and
gigahertzes, or those who keep printing 's in a long line down the left
margin in their script, when they print nothing, - no script, - on the line
especially just as they sign off, - nobody does that when 'penning' a
letter, it is discourteous and very bad practice.
Complain rather, about those who top-post, - against the conventions as
stated in the original protocols.. When I open a current thread I want the
whole debate to be there so that I can read it at once, or recapitulate to
understand the thread. It is nonsense elsewise. I can scroll up and down in
three seconds, or use Next, - no bother.
Any that are chopped up by snippers, when I have not seen the previous
opinions, I simply close and move on. And the same for those who ignore the
topic under discussion and have nothing to add for the symposium. This page
is a typical example
I could have answered two letters on alt.music clarinet in the precious time
I have wasted here.
Have you a gardening topic to discuss, by the way?.
Doug.